This course is for the instructor who has already completed a SUP instructor qualification outside of New Zealand, and is looking to convert their qualification to the NZ standard. (If you are looking to renew your NZ SUP Instructor qualification then please click here).
The conversion process is in two parts – the online process (which is all contained in this course here) and then a practical assessment, which will cost a further $100.
The process plays out like this:
- Complete the series of online lessons contained in this course, covering essential material that you may or may not already be familiar with. (Some, such as the NZ legislative environment, rules for PFDs etc, are very likely to be new and vital information for you).
- Complete an online test at the end of the course to show that you are current in your required knowledge for instructing SUP.
- Upload a copy of your current valid First Aid qualification (of at least of NZQA 6401, 6402 unit standard level)
- Upload a copy of your current (or expired) SUP Instructor Qualification, along with a very brief summary of your paddleboard instructional experience over the last few years.
- Let us know that you’re ready for the practical assessment, which will take 5-6 hours and we’ll do our best to make it happen somewhere relatively close to home for you.
The time taken to complete this online part of the process will depend on how many of the lessons you choose to work through. Many are optional, should you wish to refresh your memory and learning in those areas. If you consider yourself to be current in all the general watersports knowledge material, then you could complete the essential parts of the course in a few hours.
You will have unlimited access to the instructor material and information here on this website for 24 months after completing the course (whether you take the practical assessment or not).
For more information on the practical assessment check out the FAQ pages.
Payment can be made via credit card or paypal by clicking on the registration button above, or by bank transfer.